Saturday, July 7, 2007

The Man I Love








I am taking a walk down memory lane. I've been thinking tonight about my best friend, my husband. Cordell and I always had so much fun together, and he always made me laugh. Just looking at these pictures makes me smile. The first one is of Cordell and Brendyn (9 months) at Lake Powell. We went with my family that year and had a blast. Just look at those two, peas in a pod! The next picture, well that's eggnog coming out of his mouth, and really, don't ask, that's just Cordell. Cordell loved to rock climb, and during our Lake Powell trip he brought out his climbing gear and went to it. It was the highlight of the trip for everyone. This is a picture of him climbing the slick sandstone there. Next is a picture of Cordell and Brendyn on a hike. He loved being out in nature, away from the world. He also loved being a daddy. One of his dreams was to marry and have a family. He lived that dream. He was also on the road to success for another dream. The last picture is his graduation from BYU-Idaho with a bachelor's degree majoring in biology and minoring in chemistry. He had been accepted to Optometry School and was excited about pursuing this new dream. I love to look back on these memories and think about what a great and noble man I have married. I am grateful that I can look back and have joy at the life we shared together and I look forward to being reunited again. Until that time I will never stop loving or missing him, but I feel like he watches over his little family here on earth.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Jen ... I am so sorry for the loss of your first husband .. I am so happy that you have found another love!! Your family is super cute!!!